Oh why didn’t I remember to read ahead for the blog challenge?! Matthew Winner challenged us for week four to do the following:
Raising Our Voices
It’s time to read aloud! Select a favorite text, or a personal story that you love to share out loud, and make a video. If you don’t have a webcam, are having technical difficulties, or prefer not to be on camera, you can also translate this challenge into a written post. Share what you will be reading on World Read Aloud Day, and why you chose this particular piece to read aloud.
I was so busy connecting (and stressing) that I didn’t get much video or even photos. (I did have a few that are below) I keep forgetting to pass the camera to the classroom teachers to help me out! Luckily, Mr. Winner to the rescue! During our Skype call he managed to video me and send it to me right after our session. We had so much fun reading No Fits, Nilson by Zachariah OHora on the wonderfule We Give Books. I don’t know how he does it, he must have four arms. One of my student commented after that he really is a winner, I agree!
Gorrie students really enjoyed connecting with so many new friends. As we sat in our shorts and t-shirts, we were amazed that some of our new friends thought 35 degrees was WARM! We thought it was cold when it got down to 60 degrees after a cold front came through on Thursday. We discovered much that was the same, student councils, recess, and of course loving to read aloud.
We had a total of 18 connections. We had 8 more but Mother Nature had other plans. We are already looking forward to reconnecting with some of our new friends in April for Poetry month. Here are the librarians we connected with during the week.
- Crystal Hendrix Asheville, North Carolina
- Andy Plemmons Athens, Georgia
- Wendy Garland Dedham, Massachussetts
- Misti Sikes Forsyth, Georgia
- Jenny Lussier Durham, Connecticut
- Laura D’Elia Burlington, Massachusetts
- Jeanne Cook Wentzville, Missouri
- Donna MacDonald South Burlington, Vermont
- Matthew Winner Ellicott City, Maryland
- Esther Uribe Austin, Texas
- Wendy Garland Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Shannon Miller Van Meter, Iowa